FlipClock - A Snow Leopard compatible replacement for "FLIQLO"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Legolover64, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Legolover64 macrumors regular

Feb 24, 2008
    Hi everyone!

Much like (I bet) most of you, I used to use FLIQLO as my screensaver of choice. Unfortunately, after installing Snow Leopard, it stopped working! Today, I decided to create my own type of FLIQLO screensaver called "FlipClock."

Here's a screenshot:

Here's the download link:

Installation is simple. Open up System Preferences, go to Desktop & Screen Saver then drag the screensaver to the Preview pane. This will install it. Select it for use, and away you go!

Please leave any advice here. I will try to integrate it as best as possible into the Screensaver.

All rights reserved.

Read more about it at my blog peterhajas.com/blog
  2. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

Jan 16, 2008
  3. Legolover64 thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 24, 2008
    Whoops, I mis-posted the link. Doh!

It's fixed now :)
  4. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

Jan 16, 2008
  5. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

Jun 30, 2008
  6. Legolover64 thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 24, 2008
    Not yet, but I can very easily add it if it's a feature people think they would use. I'll add it to the next version.
  7. jonnie5 macrumors newbie

Sep 6, 2009
    Great Job!

Wow, I've really missed my flip clock screensaver since SL broke it!

Thanks alot!

May i be so bold as to suggest a tweek? Why not roll over the hour dial until the 59th minute. Its a little confusing at the mo.

Thanks for the great work getting this back on the mac.

Jonnie Palmer :)
  8. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

Feb 24, 2008
    London City
  9. grigoriso macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2009
    Since updating to SL and discovering that fliqlo was broken, I've been using Peter's FlipClock; much thanks for creating it. One problem that I've found, however - and this applies to another SL-ready clock screensaver I've used - is that soon after it starts up, the fans on my Macbook go into overdrive; this never happened with fliqlo. Now, I know less than nothing about screensavers, but perhaps it's because fliqlo only "moved" once a minute, while FlipClock is in constant motion? Perhaps there could be a tweek to make FlipClock less "active"?

I've also just discovered this - fliqlo on Twitter - and it appears that an update to Screentime (which I assume was used to build fliqlo) may soon be coming, so perhaps an updated fliqlo is imminent.
  10. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

Feb 14, 2009
    im sorry but this doesnt look anywhere near as pretty as fliqlo
  11. wesrk macrumors 6502a

Nov 4, 2007