Flipping channels and heard the funniest thing!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by klymr, Oct 13, 2007.

1. klymr macrumors 65816

QVC right now is selling Dell computers, the new colored notebooks and some desktops. Right as I switched to it I heard some caller say how he loves Dell and "Hasn't been let down yet." It made me stop and listen. They have some lady from Dell on the show and she said, "these new notebooks have a magnesium alloy finish. That's the new technology as opposed to the old plastic technology."

News flash woman, Apple has been making their high end laptops in solid metal, not just a metal sheet glued to the lid.

She is showing off Vista now. It's amazing how much it looks like OS X. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I always watch those when I need a good laugh. QVC is funny when they try to sound informed about their computers. They have no idea what they're doing. Heck, the lady once said that she had a laptop at home that her husband gave her that weighed 20 lbs and implied that it used desktop components. The computer "expert" then said that this laptop is better because it's lighter and uses laptop parts as the lady proceeds to toss it up and down next to him. :D

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I get a kick out of how much they don't know about the computers they're selling on that show.

Check out this and this for some QVC and Dell fun :D

4. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

Thank you. Very amusing.