FLIQLO Clock screen saver on Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jecapaga, May 29, 2008.

1. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I apologize if this is easily available info but why can I not get this to install on my macbook. I've downloaded it..double clicked and it sends me to system preferences and nothing is there.

I have it installed on my work macbook pro running Tiger with no problems.

Anyone? Thanks!

2. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

Quit System Prefs, drag the FLIQLO.saver file to ~/Library/Screen Savers and open back up System Prefs. In the screen saver dialog scroll all the way down to 'others' and boom, there it is.

BTW, that will probably be the only file in that folder after drag/drop... the others are probably hidden

3. jecapaga thread starter macrumors 601

jecapaga

and done..thank you so much! so easy.

4. Kingmonkey macrumors newbie

???

Hi, maybe I am very stupid but please how do I "drag the FLIQLO.saver file to ~/Library/Screen Savers", I have searched for ~/Library/Screen Savers under spotlight and in finder but I can't find it.

Apologies for my lack of knowledge.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

~ is a shortcut name for your home directory. Spotlight will not understand this.

6. Kingmonkey macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. So I open finder, select my home folder find Library and the only thing inside that is a text file about library, there is no screensaver folder, nothing else at all. So I'm still lost as to how to run this screensaver. Please help me ... ?

7. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Well clearly you've done something wrong as all applications store their preferences there in a folder called Preferences. These should also be a folder called Application Support, folders for Mail and many others. If these are all there you can simply create a folder with the correct name and put the file in there.

8. Chubbykid macrumors newbie

No Clock

I've followed your instructions and it does come up on the preview but it plays Screentime Media with the logo. No Clock. Any ideas on how to cure this?

Chubbykid

9. Spares macrumors member

Did some searchin, didnt want to start a new thread so i dug up an old one... Is Fliqlo really a screen saver?, i mean theres a number on the screen for a full hour(ie at 6 oclock the 6 is stationary for 1 hour) i might be missing somthing... maybe the new computer's screens dont really need a "saver" but from what i know a screen saver prevents images from burning in

10. chelseagirl macrumors newbie

More problems - please help!

I have downloaded the Fliqlo.saver file and moved it to the preferences/library/screensaver folder. I open this and can locate in the screensaver window and then I'm told that it doesn't work on my computer and i have to contact the developer.

I have Mac OSx software. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do. Can you help out a sista?

11. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

I don't think it works with snow leopard yet.