Flock?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ravenvii, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

http://www.flock.com/

I saw an ad to this on this site, and found the browser pretty interesting. It seems to connect to FaceBook, Flickr, Twitter, et al and interact with them somehow.

I'm not the target of this browser, as I don't use any of those services, but it seems cool for those who do, like teens ;)

What do you guys think?

2. adjei7 macrumors member

I used to use flock for a while. It was really fun at the beginning with facebook and all the other stuff, it is really revolutionary, and I think a lot of browsers will be going that route. After a while i started noticing a few annoying problems, like the favourites kept doubling up, and it was hanging a bit. That's not to say it's not good, but I just moved back to firefox, which is not great itself, but am waiting for FF3.

I think flock 2 or 1.2 or the next flock whatever it is should be coming out soon, which will have fixes. Definitely worth a look if any of you haven't tried it yet.

3. wightstraker macrumors regular

Any browser that revolves around "web 2.0" integration is going to be useless in three years.

4. acxz macrumors regular

But in the meantime it's an invaluable tool for people who regularly use social bookmarking websites etc...

5. adjei7 macrumors member

What browser will stay the same in 3 years. If it revolves around web 2.0 now, then it will no doubt evolve to revolve around the next big fad in that time too. I'm sure people said similar things about FF, camino, opera etc when they first came out. 3 years is a lifetime (literally) when talking about software.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i've used flock. it works well enough, but the interface and web 2.0 tools weren't for me. i might give it another go just because i'm not happy with any browser right now.

7. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Looks great. I'm happy with Safari for now, but still. It looks good.