Hi, I have recently picked up a broken 2.16ghz 17" MBP on a local auction. I have disassembled the puppy and found out that it was most likely flooded with some acidic liquid (Not coke since it is not sticky). I was able to do a number of tests here because I own another 17", which is a 2.33 ghz and some parts are compatible. It is a wonder, but the machine actually works, except: 1) Keyboard is not working because acid ate its contacts. Keyboard from another MBP works fine. 2) Monitor backlight is not working. Unfortunately I cannot check if this is a monitor or logic board because inverter connectors are different on moth MBPs and I do not want to take apart display assembly on working MBP, it is such a PITA. 3) Machine only runs off battery. That is, power supply can be connected and lights up green but this green flickers slightly and machine would not turn on. If I insert 70% battery, machine boots. But still consumes battery power. Ironically box seems to recognize that AC power is plugged in (icon changes) but still consumes battery power. It also dies if I remove battery. So, my questions are: How can I test the MBP logic board inverter connector if it supplies valid voltage? I would like to pinpoint which component is broken, the logic board or inverter? How could I potentially troubleshoot the problem with MBP not running off AC power? Are my symptoms most probably caused by fault on logic board or the left I/O block? Thanks!!