FLOOR POUND. No more birthdays calendar on iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CaptSaltyJack, Jul 11, 2008.

1. CaptSaltyJack macrumors 6502

Grrr! If you sync the traditional method via cable, it works fine. But if you sync OTA with MobileMe, no more birthdays on your iPhone, yet oddly enough, you can enable birthdays on the MobileMe web site. What the heck is the logic in that?! Apple, please fix!

And PLEASE, for the love of all matter in the universe, CHANGE ITUNES TO ALLOW US TO SYNC CERTAIN IPHOTO EVENTS, NOT JUST ALBUMS. How long have people been asking for that?!

2. paulold macrumors 6502

Birthday woes

So is this a bug? I used to have my Birthdays calendar synced on my iPhone but now they are no longer there. I can see my Birthdays on my iCal on my home MacBook Pro and I can see them when I visit MobileMe via my work PC, but they no longer appear on my iPhone.

Also, I have three calendars - Home, Work and Birthdays. And I want to be able to see all three at home, work or on my iPhone. While this is in sync between iCal and MobileMe, there is one difference which is a little annoying. My three calendars each have their own color in iCal but when I go to MobileMe, my Birthdays calendar entries are the same color as my Work entries. And I have no idea how to change that. Is that a bug too? Why doesn't MobileMe allow me to change the colors of my calendar entries?

3. CaptSaltyJack thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe not so much a bug as an oversight. I'm sure it'll get addressed at some point.

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

in the mean time, export the calendar to your desktop, uncheck the calendar in iCal so it doesn't sync, then reimport the version from your desktop.