Flower Deliveries

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sean7512, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

So, my girlfriend is getting knee surgery tomorrow. I had originally planned on buying her flowers and taking it over to her house later in the day. I had recently realized that I am unable to do this, as I have a work presentation/dinner tomorrow following my classes.

So I was going to send her flowers. Does anyone have any experience with these places or have a recommendation? I was thinking of 1800flowers.com

Thanks in advance!

2. drinkingmymilk macrumors newbie

1. google map local florists.

2. call see if they will do deliver.

3. save the ridiculous price and **** quality of 1800flower.com

4. see her tomorrow for reward. :D

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

4. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I think 800flowers.com uses local florists.

5. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

They Do.

6. drinkingmymilk macrumors newbie

they do but they up charge them crazy, also the locals don't always give you the nicest stuff because your not ordering direct from them so in turn they are making less.

7. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Definitely call a local shop directly. Places like FTD.com are just middlemen. It's likely that a $30 bouquet from a local shop will be the exact same thing as a $40 bouquet you purchase online, because all they really do is call the local flower shop and place the order for you.

There was a florist in my town a few years ago who took out flower shop ads in yellow page books all over the country. People all over the country would call him and he would pretend to be local, take their $40 and then call a shop in their town and place an order for a $30 arrangement.

8. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Smart guy, huh? :p

All of the florists were closed :( I just ordered them online, because I won't even have a minute to call tomorrow morning to get them ordered. I have class all morning, then we have a huge work presentation and then the company is taking us out to dinner. We won't finish up until about 9pm, so I am just too busy to get stuff done tomorrow.....I feel really bad about not being able to see my girlfriend, but I'll see her on thursday, so I guess its not all bad...