Flshing Globe symbol when booting up

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by sjk319, Oct 4, 2008.

1. sjk319 macrumors newbie

I'm using mac pro leopard os x10.5.5.
    I've recently replaced my video card because the previous one had problems displaying garbled videos on screen.
    However, when I took it back from the repair, and start booting up my computer, i hear the chime and it shows me flashing globe symbol as it's booting up. (when it's supposed to show me the apple symbol).
    After a waiting a while, it did boot up to my desktop, but I'm worried if this is any sign of another problem..
    can anyone give me an idea why this symbol shows up?
    and how to fix it?

thanks,,

2. grue macrumors 65816

It's trying to NetBoot. Go into System Preferenes -> Startup Disk, and set to your normal disk.

3. Catch Them macrumors regular

What the above poster said, but you may have to press Option/Alt to select a boot device immediately after the Chime sounds.

then follow those steps.

4. lucknuts macrumors newbie

Thank you, this helped me out a bit after receiving it back from a Support Shop. They must have booted off the network to do repairs.

iBook 900Mhz G3.

5. frings macrumors newbie

Had the same thing happen to me today. Took a look at the startupdisk preferences and everything seemed fine. And I also wasn't pressing any buttons on startup. Or could this have happened because I didn't shut my macbook properly down the night before?