Fluid in screen somehow

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chaoticbear, Mar 19, 2008.

1. chaoticbear macrumors 6502

Some moisture got between my LCD and the cover, I think, because there's a large patch of discoloration in the bottom right corner that gets extremely bad at extreme angles, and is bearable in every situation except white screens. Will apple fix this under Applecare? Is this hard to fix?

2. TravisReynolds macrumors regular

TravisReynolds

If you didn't do anything to it I am sure that they will replace it or fix it.

Just call them and make sure, I got fluid in my iPod once and they replaced it

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Could you post a picture of it? And my experience with Apple and screen replacements is pretty bad (tried to charge me $800 for a very superficial scratch that you can't see unless looking in very ideal lighting for it), so be prepared to state your case. Have you been using the laptop in very moist or unusually wet conditions?

4. chaoticbear thread starter macrumors 6502

No, but I do take it to the bathroom with me, because it gets boring in there otherwise.

5. KompleX macrumors regular

never take your macbook into the bathroom. there are too many water sources that can splash onto the macbook and moisture in the air. you will not get the screen repaired under warranty especially if you mention taking it w/ you into the bathroom.

6. BoingoBongo macrumors regular

Can you please post a picture of the problem? I may have a very similar problem with the screen of my iMac.

7. heatmiser macrumors 68020

First of all, eww.

Secondly, keep your MB away from humidity. That includes all liquids potentially found in bathrooms.

Third of all, get a magazine or a book or an iPod or something. Plenty of ways to stay entertained (if you must) while in the bathroom.

8. Jpoon macrumors 6502

Bathrooms are baddd for electronics.

Had someone previously taken a shower or something before you went in there with your MB?

The humidity in that tiny room probably ate your screen.

9. Kalafut macrumors regular

Kalafut

lol, and i bet you have wifi too huh? lol

i have taken my macbook into the bathroom so i could listen to music while in the shower, i use this program called insomniax, so i could close the screen and i usually put a towel over it. no moisture for me.

10. Jpoon macrumors 6502

Not unless he was using photo booth to take pictures of the grunting faces! :eek:

11. MacDaddy08 macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

I have replaced a few LCD screens for Macbook and Macbook Pro laptops. I know there is no plastic cover over top the LCD screen. When you touch the screen, it is the actual LCD screen, not a cover. If moisture has found its way into you LCD panel then it will have to be replaced. I woudn't recommend Apple unless it is covered under warranty. There are plenty of sites that will do it for half the price and they use free overnight shipping so you can have in back in no more than a couple days.

12. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Imagine all the fecal matter that resides on his keys and track pad...

I feel sick...Ecoli anyone?

13. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

That's a good way to face heat issues.

14. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Putting a computer in a steamy/humid environment when it heats up/cools down repeatedly when in use is not a good idea.

Humidity + cool screen = condensation (bad).