Fluid - Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TaylorJ, Jul 13, 2010.

1. TaylorJ macrumors regular

Hey guys. I just ran into a great app called fluid. I might not know how it works fully but what I am aware of is that it creates web apps out of frequently used websites.

Anyway I cant get it to do anything. I enter the url then the Name and click create and I get "Could not create new web application - The operation could not be completed. No such file or directory".

Any help? Thanks!

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

I assume something is "wrong" with what it thinks is the "Applications" directory.

Choose a new "Location" and it will likely work.

3. TaylorJ thread starter macrumors regular

I tried that before, but I tried again and it worked. Thanks! I was putting www.****.com but now I put http://www.***.com. Maybe that was the problem.

Also I'm trying to put this on the dock instead of the Apps folder, would it suffice to just drag it from Apps/desktop to the dock, or is there a location/directory for docked apps?

4. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Docked apps are "Aliases" and their only "location" is inside a plist file that says "This app alias is in the Dock"

Just create the app wherever, then move it to wherever you want, and then just drag it to the dock.

5. TaylorJ thread starter macrumors regular

Gotcha. Thanks for your help!