Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wiz561

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
Hi!

I have an issue with my new MBP. I'd rather try to fix it myself than haul it into a store. Anyways, it seems like my trackpad is flush with the wrist-rest and it's really annoying me. Whenever I use the trackpad, I always rest my thumb below the space bar, but not ON the trackpad. However, it seems like that little pressure registers with the trackpad and doesn't make it respond properly.

I know others who had had this issue on here with their MBP. I had a mbp before that didn't have this problem with the trackpad being flush. Just wondering what I can do to fix this...

Thanks

kaiwai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Christchurch
Hi!

I have an issue with my new MBP. I'd rather try to fix it myself than haul it into a store. Anyways, it seems like my trackpad is flush with the wrist-rest and it's really annoying me. Whenever I use the trackpad, I always rest my thumb below the space bar, but not ON the trackpad. However, it seems like that little pressure registers with the trackpad and doesn't make it respond properly.

I know others who had had this issue on here with their MBP. I had a mbp before that didn't have this problem with the trackpad being flush. Just wondering what I can do to fix this...

Thanks

Stop resting you thumb below the space bar :p there is nothing else you can do.

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Hi!

Thanks

My friend's MacBook Pro's trackpad also sits flush with the palmrests, drives me nuts compared to my MacBook. So it's not just you.... it could be considered a design flaw, or a mistake or whatever you want to call it. Not quite as glaring as the MacBook's front edge, or cracking palmrests, or the crap latches on every G4 laptop, and MacBook Pro.

wiz561

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
tx

thanks for the responses. I guess it was just strange because my other MBP did not have the same issue.

I decided to go to the mac store and ask the genius bar. As I suspected before walking in, the genius thought I was nuts.

While I was there though, I was checking out the other laptops. Some MBP's had the trackpad flush, some had it recessed, and some had it recessed on one side and flush on the other. However, the macbook's had them recessed, but a smaller gap between the trackpad and the keyboard. So, I guess it is just the way they are designed.

However, what I did find there is something that's called a palm rest or wrist rest or something like that. It was 20 bucks, and it is a thin pad that attaches to the area where your wrists go. I did pick one of these up and I have to say that it helped out a ton. I think it sucked that I spent 20 bucks on it, but I already spent a few grand, what's another 20 bucks. Best of all though, it fixes my problem of my lazy thumb.

For others who might have the same problem, it's made by 'marware'. Here is a link to it...

http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/Apple-Laptop-Products/Protection-Pack-for-MacBook-Pro

I'm glad I finally found a solution to my problem!!!!

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.