FLV Encoder for FCP7

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by evil_santa, Jul 2, 2011.

1. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

any recommendation for a flv encoder that will stand alone or work as a plug in for FCP7/compressor ?

preferably thats is less than $50

I need to be able to make custom sizes & batch export.

Thanks

2. cgbier macrumors 6502a

3. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

What do you need it for?

We serve "Flash" videos on our intranet. I make MPEG 4 files using QT reference files (and other sources) from FCP and MPEG Streamclip (I like it, sosumi :D) and out pop .m4v files. We use a JW Player front end, throw in the requisite code and it's done. The browser (IE6 on XP) see it as Flash and play it accordingly.

Compressor can also make .m4v files that should work too. JW Player is about $100 but it has been invaluable. Flow Player is an alternative.

4. evil_santa thread starter macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

Thanks for the reply MartinX , we are getting requests from our clients to deliver files as FLV, i would rather deliver as a QT H244 or prorez, and let them do the conversion , but it seem more and more clients just want a FLV.

cgbier do you have a link for jobosoft, i cant seem to find it.

i recall onrez would do the job but they have been assimilated in the google now!

5. cgbier macrumors 6502a

D'uh, sorry, I messed that up. The software is called JOBOSHARE...
    mea culpa

6. martinX, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011

martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

When they say "FLV" they mean a file called something.flv which may be encoded with On2 VP6, Sorenson Spark, Screen video, Screen video 2 or H.264.

When people ask me for an "FLV" file and give me a blank look when I ask which codec, I know they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. Sometimes asking which version of Flash player they are targeting may result in a more meaningful conversation. What their site visitors have installed should be available from their webmaster.

You can instruct Adobe Media Encoder to make an h.264 FLV, but Adobe recommends that people move to the F4V filetype. If you are able to use F4V files, just make M4Vs. They work.

Keep me posted if you hear any more.