FLV > MP4 (or ATV2/iPad Compatible)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by agentphish, Jan 2, 2011.

1. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

So there is a video that I have that is in an FLV format. It was a stream of a live New Years Eve concert that I paid for.

Unfortunately, when I ripped it the tool I used put it into an FLV format. Obviously not compatible with ATV2 or iPad.

I just ran one of the sets of music through Handbrake to convert to MP4 and the audio is fine, but the video is choppy/skipping.

Anyone have another tool or specific Handbrake preset I can try?

Thanks!

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

3. agentphish thread starter macrumors 65816

agentphish

Care to suggest some that may help then?

Not sure if you meant it that way, but that was a real dickish-sounding response. People use message boards to gain knowledge, and help educate others. Not to be told straight up that they've got something wrong, then not be given any helpful information.

I am using an imported setting that I found on handbrake forums that I have been using to convert any video I had before i got my ATV2 (launch day) and iPad (May 2010) and for ripping my entire DVD collection (which is a lot). I have had no issues with any of those conversions/imports skipping on playback. I have converted many many videos in the last 6-8 months.

Thanks

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

it was encouragement for you to mess around with the settings yourself, you cant use the same settings for everything, it all depends on file size, compression resolution bitrate yada yada.

5. snowmaan macrumors regular

This is also doing my head in.
    I have a .flv video file I wish to convert and put on my ipad

Visualhub and isquint won't do it.

And there's so many rubbish converters out there which simply don't work, or could be spyware even, so appreciate any suggestions there too

6. snowmaan macrumors regular

agentphish I just worked it out
    In visualhub, just choose the standard setting on the right for presets, of Apple / Universal

I choose to not make any other changes, and it worked.
    When I tried to say up the quality settings from 60.78% to 100%, it made the video mess up badly

7. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

as you would find on handbrake forums/google, lossless is an insane option, etc:

8. snowmaan macrumors regular

I ended up getting more issues, so in the end I just upload the video files to VLC on my ipad and watch them there, simple.