flyakiteosx vs winosx

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bluedoggiant, Sep 21, 2007.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

which makes a better dressup for my pc before i give it to my lil bro, i want it to look like a mac, but i cant choose between flyakiteosx which is very popular or winosx which seems more practical, the sounds in winosx sound better than flyakiteosx

2. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

which makes a better dressup for my pc before i give it to my lil bro, i want it to look like a mac, but i cant choose between flyakiteosx which is very popular or winosx which seems more practical, the sounds in winosx sound better than flyakiteosx

3. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

The experience I've had with using any extra programs to make look XP look like OS X is dreadful. Those programs use up lots of RAM, which takes away from the performance of the computer. Hell, I even had to get a hard drive enclosure to get my files off before I had to wipe the disk because one of the many OS X skin programs I had screwed it up to the point that a repair installation wouldn't fix it. I guess it comes down to whether you (and/or your brother) prefer form over function.

4. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Fly a kite looks great, and I don't think it is an app, but rather it replaces system files with mac looking ones.

5. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

flyakiteosx is still in development, winosx stopped