"Flyer friendly" cases?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by deosaa7, Jun 30, 2011.

1. deosaa7 macrumors member

Hello,

I take between 15-20 flights a year so while I'm not someone who travels A LOT I do travel often enough. I have not yet traveled with my MBP but I did travel a lot with my old thinkpad which was good because I always had to take it out and place it in a box by itself before it got scanned when going through security. The problem is that 2 or 3 times I remember that the bottom of it was covered in gross stuff and one time there was used gum (I guess because I didn't look carefully enough at the box) and also I got one or two dents from the people loading the box with my laptop on it on the belt with no regard for the delicate electronics inside.

I'd rather not subject my new MBP to this - is there anything I can do? I have seen these flyer friendly cases on various sites, will they allow me to keep my laptop inside them without having to take it out?

thanks

2. miamirulz29 macrumors member

3. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I've always been told that the laptop has to be in a box completely by itself. You can get away with very tight fitting cases such as this: http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/perforated-hardshell-case-cl57469

So, unless these travel friendly cases fit very tight on the computer, I don't think they'll let you keep it in a bag of any sort.

4. riptideMBP macrumors 6502

you could always go with a speck or incase hard shell

5. rex450se macrumors regular