Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7racer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Didn't know where to put this...as it works with ipad, iphone or iTouch...

but anyways...enjoy the pics. Looks like I got one of the early ones.

Attachments

• P1010608.jpg
    P1010608.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 121
  • P1010609.jpg
    P1010609.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 100
  • P1010610.jpg
    P1010610.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 114
  • P1010611.jpg
    P1010611.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 114

Dominat0r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
saw this when they first put out a video....really really cool toy.

You can play a game with your friends and fight against each other...

300$ though....although, could have hours of fun with that =) What happens if your iphone dies or something during flight hahaa

http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/usa/

7racer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Whoa. How does that work? Does the accelerometer control it?

yep...it's surprisingly easy. You just go up and down on the virtual controls and the coptor hovers in place...tell it to go higher, it does, then just stays there. Tilt the phone and off you go!

HAHAHA someone get one so we can do some augmented reality flights!

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I purchased the AR.Drone by Parrot from Brookstone and it was delivered yesterday. I opened the box, read the manual, charged the battery and then gave the AR.Drone a 10 minute test flight. I thought it was a cool gizmo but didn't warrant the cost so I decided to return the item. This is when the problems started. I had purchased the AR.Drone on my iPhone from the Brookstone website where there is no disclaimer that open items cannot be returned to the Brookstone store so I didn't think this would be any different than any other item purchased from Brookstone and took it in to return. This is when they told me that they would not accept open boxed AR.Drone returns and that I had to contact Parrot to get a refund and provided me with the following information to return the item.

# RETURNS AND WARRANTY:
# Unopened and unused AR.Drones can be returned to Brookstone in accordance with Brookstone’s normal return policy which can be found in Brookstone stores, at http://www.brookstone.com, or on the reverse of your sales receipt or shipping collate.
# Any returns of opened, damaged, or used AR.Drones must be handled directly through Parrot. Please call Parrot directly at 1-877-9PARROT (1-877-972-7768) for full details. Parrot’s return policy is as follows:
You must follow this return procedure:
1. You must call Parrot customer service at 1-877-9PARROT (1-877-972-7768) with serial number and proof of purchase.
2. All opened, damaged, or used product are to be returned directly to Parrot for replacement or repair.
3. You are responsible for the cost of shipping the AR.Drone back to Parrot (at the address specified after calling Parrot at 1-877-9PARROT

I contacted Parrot at the above mentioned number that Brookstone provided me with and I was told that Parrot does not handle refunds of the AR.Drone and that I would have to contact Brookstone to get a refund. So I went back to the Brookstone store and called the same number with the Brookstone manager on the phone so I could get her and Parrot on the phone at the same time. They both said the other was responsible for the refund. They both are trying to contact their upper management to see who is responsible for this refund while me the customer is stuck with a very poor customer service experience.

My advice is to order the AR.Drone from Amazon just in case you change your mind Amazon will take the return within 30 days with no questions asked. I should have waited and ordered from Amazon.

I am documenting this process at http://ardrone-parrot.blogspot.com/

Sorry to hear this, but is it really necessary to make 2 separate posts about it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.