Flying applications?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tamvly, Sep 12, 2008.

1. tamvly macrumors 6502a

tamvly

Has anyone used any good flying applications on the iPhone.

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

AeroWeather and Fltplan work great on the iPhone, both of which I use quite a bit. I haven't grabbed the flight logbook app yet, but I hear it's pretty good. But I'd definitely get the first two, as they are pretty much a must on flying.

Aeroweather gives you a good layout of the weather at a given reporting field (ICAO), and in METAR format.

Fltplan is the mobile version of fltplan.com.

BL.

3. tamvly thread starter macrumors 6502a

tamvly

Thanks, bradl ...

I think the negative comments about Fltplan and iPhone backups have convinced me to wait until it's ready for prime time.

4. tamvly thread starter macrumors 6502a

tamvly

Whoops ... someone from Fltpan has posted comments on the Apps Store that the major problem has been fixed. Guess I'll give it a try.

5. WolfgangK macrumors member

I'm not sure what kind of flying app you're looking for, but X-Plane 9 just became available on the App Store! (via the iPhone/iPod Touch...don't see it on iTunes yet...

6. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

See if the link in this site works to locate it in iTunes:
    http://appstorefeed.com/apps/xplane_9

7. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I admit, I thought you were kidding....

SWEET!!

8. Pyro152 Guest

X Plane for IPOd

yeah i bough the extreem version, space one, and helicopter and they are all very nice!!! i usualy play at home but when im at school and find myself with some time i will take a flight around one of the many cool maps! and there are some new planes and helicopters that they just came out with (just like 3 months ago...) so ya but i use allot of the weather apps to... so there all good!! =)