Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jensend

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
Now anyone can try an ARKit app without compiling their own app with Xcode. Unfortunately, you can't see the camera feed on the screen at all, so you can't really judge the accuracy very easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudodonbond

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
The best thing about it is the ability to pan around simply by moving your phone. No need to rotate with your fingers, etc...Very intriguing.

Luiggi7

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2017
I don’t know how you do that. I only see a 3D impressive drone view of important cities. But nothing related with AR. If I see 3D free view with compass I can see the zone where I am and rotating the phone does the same with the map. But my camera does not show nothing. Where is AR here? Sorry because may be I don’t see it....

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I don’t know how you do that. I only see a 3D impressive drone view of important cities. But nothing related with AR. If I see 3D free view with compass I can see the zone where I am and rotating the phone does the same with the map. But my camera does not show nothing. Where is AR here? Sorry because may be I don’t see it....
IMG_BE9EF4C05900-1.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.