FlyTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darkpixie08, Mar 18, 2008.

1. darkpixie08 macrumors member

Doing some quick research here, and I'd love any opinions on FlyTunes. What do you like about it, what don't you like about it, etc. Thanks.

2. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

It like the Pop section, especially Today's Pop Hits I think. I dislike the connection drops.:D

3. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Flytunes has improved

Just an update for everyone that is looking for better radio options.

AccuRadio has joined Flytunes and adds 360 radio stations to what is already available.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/flytunes-powers-accuradio-iphone-streaming/

I have been testing it all morning using edge and have not dropped a link yet. With so many stations, its hard to choose and it seems to be getting better and better. goto: www.accuradio.com and it will redirect to a flytunes link where you log on with your email and password that you established with your flytunes account. There is also a different webicon to put on your iPhone. Also, it can only get better in a few months with a new phone coming out.

Good Luck to those that use it

4. touchyphone macrumors regular

Fly Tunes is okay, it's not great really, but does the job. I hope the day comes soon where I can use my SIRIUS and XM accounts on my iPhone....the guy at geekstoolbox.com works on the Sirius version, but it can't come soon enough.....

FlyTunes is good for music and talk though, although some talk content is lacking! It is good, okay, like a B- in my opinion, but well worth a shot.

5. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

What I'm hoping to see some day is the ability to listen to Live365 or Shoutcast on my iPhone

6. flikaflik macrumors newbie

Just noticed some serious upgrades to flytunes. It's much more convenient to use now.

7. 12GA macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Linky no worky. :-(

8. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Both links work just fine. Have you created an account through flytunes.fm ? I would also recommend to use with wifi connection until you are connected and set up. Sometimes both flytunes and accuradio can be finicky on edge network. I tried on both my iPhone which is set up and a co-workers who does not have an account and it came up on both.

Good Luck

9. 12GA macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Yes, I'm presently a member but when I click on the link I get a URL not found on the server message.
    I wish we could copy/paste with the iPhone. :-(

10. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

manually type it in...that should work. If not, then I would empty out your catch and cookies and then try again.

www.accuradio.com works just as typed.