FM Receiver for iPod Touch any time soon?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tnsmart, Dec 13, 2008.

1. tnsmart macrumors 6502

Just wondering if there will be an FM radio receiver for the iPod Touch any time soon. I'm talking about something like the "Apple iPod Radio Remote" that is only compatible with the iPod video, classic, and nano. It would be nice to listen to the radio anywhere I have my iPod. Any thoughts?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

There are add-ons that attach to the dock connector that provide fm radio. However, it's very unlikely Apple will ever put one on an iPod anything.

3. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

I was actually wondering about this as it would be great idea. Sometimes it's nice to have a change from your music... I think it would be a great idea for the ipod touch 3rd gen.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

+1, applicable ad infinitum.

5. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

there are radio apps out there (like fsteam which i use for the bbc radio channels) which will give you basically whatever channel you want, but you much be within wifi range.

6. Lawlaw macrumors newbie

Fm receiver on Itouch

I'm thinking of buying an itouch as a present but am disappointed that there is no fm receiver- the person uses the radio on the move a lot. Is there a way round this or is it likey that something will be released similar to the receiver I use on my Nano? Does anyone know?

7. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Kensington makes one that not only receives FM, but transmits it as well for use in the car.

8. Master Debater macrumors member

The 2G Touch has a Bluetooth reciever for Nike+iPod support, and I've read that it supports FM...why is Apple so against the radio?? This is one place where Microsoft wins with their Zunes.

9. jackkeeley macrumors newbie

fm receiver

actually there is an fm receiver built into the ipod touch and while be used in future updates will allow it to be used.

10. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

11. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

lol, thats why forums like these make me smile - kids who think they know it all.