Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mike.herz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
hey guys,

i used to have a kensington fm transmitter for my car and it worked perfectly for 3 years until it just recently went to *****.

I'm now looking for another transmitter but also one that charges my phone and still maintains good quality over the radio. I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee just in case anyone knows a better way (cheaper) to get my iphone 4 to play in my car.

thanks in advance

mike.herz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
I ordered a Satechi bluetooth fm transmitter from Amazon a few weeks ago. I really like the device for music. The hands free also works fine for voice calls but call quality isn't as clear to the called party as it could be. The device also has a usb charging port.

I just noticed that they are out of stock now.

http://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Bluetooth-Hands-free-Transmitter-supported/dp/B000NVYVRO

ya i was turned on to this recently, can't find it anywhere though. Read that they stopped making them, not sure why with such great reviews. It's exactly what i was looking for

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.