FM Transmitter for 3G S?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheCookie, Jul 2, 2009.

1. TheCookie macrumors regular

TheCookie

I'm about to take a long (9 hour) car trip, and would very much like to listen to my iPhone along the way. I have an old Monster-brand FM transmitter that I used to use with my video iPod, but it will not charge the iPhone.

So I'm in the market for a new FM transmitter that will also charge the iPhone--and wondered if anyone has a particular recommendation?

All of the options in the apple store seem to be uniformly despised in the reviews, so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Try this

Got this from Amazon. Works fantastic. Doesn't need to be connected by a wire, but you can plug in a cable to charge (which works w/o error messages).

I love this thing.

3. Old Timer macrumors newbie

Please pardon my confusion but I am new to the iphone. I am under the impression that the iphone will not transmit music over bluetooth and it seems that the device you are recommending is only for phone conversations and will not transmit music. Please straigten me out because I too want to buy a wireless fm transmitter for my iphone music.

4. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

It didn't. 3.0 added music over Bluetooth; I think for all iPhones.

It works great for the 3gs for music and calls.

5. Old Timer macrumors newbie

6. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

If you can't hear people during calls, make sure to turn up the volume on your phone. I had mine on low and... Oops. But it works great now.

7. Dizzler macrumors regular

FM transmitter

I have seen good reviews about the Satechi Bluetooth transmitter (satechi.com/Satechi-Bluetooth-Handsfree-Car-Stereo-Fm/M/B000NVYVRO.htm) but do not own one so cannot comment personally.