FM Transmitter for iPhone ???

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by macman4291, Dec 27, 2007.

1. macman4291 macrumors regular

What are some FM transmitters that are compatible for the iphone...I havent seen any ??? And Im talking about using the 30 pin connector

2. SAFC2403 macrumors member

I bought a griffin road trip of amazon but it's only really useful if you switch the phone into airplane mode. It works quite well and you get a decent sound out of it. Massive interference on the move while the phone part is operational.

It's a bit annoying that the iPhone has been out six months and so far no 100% compatible transmitters.

3. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

I have a Belkin TuneCast which is not too bad, so long as the transmitter is not too far away from the antenna. Aside from signal strength and chewing through batteries, it works fine.

4. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Unfortunately, I have a Griffin iTrip Auto that I used with my Touch. It doesn't work with the iPhone. It will initiate a charge but no audio. The Apple store has no transmitters at all listed in the iPhone accessories category. Sure, I could use one that runs off the headphone jack but I wanted both charging and audio. I was hoping for a sync connector based one like I had.

5. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Personally I just hacked my phone and use iRadio, not sure if that is a possibility for you...

Problem is works best with wifi

6. jerrybags macrumors newbie

fm transmitter

kensington from the apple store look uder ipods works really well and u can here your phone ring thru speakers

7. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    My Monster works perfectly fine.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=324878
    http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3029
    I work on the website for a large electronics maker. They like when I visit, so that we can test my iPhone on their equipment. I sware... I think these electronics makers/distributors need to have more iPhone users on staff and have straight answers for everyone. :D

~ CB

8. awolfeii macrumors newbie

I'm looking too, is the Kensington for real?

I'm looking for an FM transmitter, too.

My shiny new iPhone plays audio fine through my 2-year-old RoadTrip.. until some crazy cellular thing comes on and feeds 3-7 seconds of static into the speakers.

Discouragingly, I find my iPhone will do the same to radios that are within say 3-4 feet.

I'm sure aircraft mode doesn't have this problem, but this is not acceptable! I want to use my iPhone primarily as a phone, and especially to be reachable while I'm driving!

I saw the Kensington on the Apple site but when I went to Kensington's site the apparent model did not claim compatibility with iPhone. Is it for real?

All my online shopping shows very non-committal or otherwise dubious claims of iPhone compatibility for either no-name devices or no-name retailers. I want to see Belkin, Kensington, or other good names clearly claim they can work with the iPhone while phone functionality is on — even if I need to move the iPhone a yard away from the transmitter.

-- Andrew

9. larzmac macrumors newbie

larzmac

10. alexboy45 macrumors regular

11. Chris29 macrumors member

12. SAFC2403 macrumors member

The Roadtrip works as well. Only in airplane mode.

13. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

I hate devices with long chords. I have the Belkin that I used for my iPod that works with the iPhone in airplane mode...it site in a cradle

14. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

i wasnt even aware that any of these fm transmitters worked....