FM Transmitter For iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by KBV1, Mar 26, 2008.

1. KBV1 macrumors regular

KBV1

Does anyone have one and which is a good one to buy so i can play my music in the car. Its a company car so i can change anything in it and it hasnt got builtin bluetooth. Im in the UK....

Thanks in advance!

2. thatonekid393 macrumors member

There really are no "good" FM transmitters; you're going to lose quality with all of them, since it's always better to have a hardwire transfer dealing with your music.

But the one that has the best reviews seem to be the model from Monster (that audio company) with a price tag of $80. I'll see if I can find a link.
    Edit: Amazon has them for a lower price.
    http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iCarPlay-Wireless-Transmitter-Charger/dp/B00019068G
    Keep in mind you may very well find better quality if you search around, this is just what I was recommended.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The iTrip Auto will charge and broadcast your music on FM.

TEG

4. KBV1 thread starter macrumors regular

KBV1

is that one of these:

Clicky

do you know if they are any good?

Thanks for your replies :)

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Yes, that is what I'm talking about. The only drawback is that is is not as powerful as the ones using the headphone jack (you can boost the signal on those by increasing the volume) but is provides an easy to change interface for the frequency and won't come off without your intervention.

TEG