FM transmitter question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pagemaster, Jan 18, 2014.

1. pagemaster macrumors member

I am hoping someone can give me some assistance on a possible purchase.

I am looking to purchase a Belkin FM Transmitter. The item I am looking to buy is listed below, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/griffin-...&skuId=1909017

My questions are:

1. When the battery is charged and plugged in, is the iPhone battery draining and then charging as I go or is the iPhone staying fully charged while working?

2. Does anyone know if the music/podcast player will stop when I turn of the car, or do I have to stop the player manually?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

The link is broken.

When purchasing accessories like this, I prefer that the accessory draws power from the iPhone, because I hate to have to charge 2 devices, not to mention that 2nd battery needs to be replaced at some point. Of course the iPhone will drain faster, unless there is a power connection to the car's power.

2. Manually. FM is ONE WAY, this is not an intelligent two way interface. Another reason to go BT, which does STOP the playback all by itself when BT connection breaks.

3. pagemaster, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014

pagemaster thread starter macrumors member

The accessory will be plugged into the cigarette lighter.

http://store.griffintechnology.com/itrip-auto-for-ipod-ipad-and-iphone-with-lightning-connector

4. cynics macrumors G3

FM transmitter question

1. It will charge the phone when it's plugged in.

2. Depends on the car. If it drops voltage to the cigarette lighter when you shut off the car then iPhone will see this and pause the track. If it has constant voltage it will continue to play until you unplug it or pause it yourself.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17