FM transmitter that WORKS??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by 8thMan, Mar 1, 2008.

1. 8thMan macrumors regular

8thMan

I bought a $5 FM transmitter for my 2gen iPod Nano off eBay to use in my car. I should have known that you get what you pay for -- sure enough the thing has a range of about a foot. Now I'm ready to spend more for something that actually works. Any suggestions for an FM transmitter with good range? I don't need anything fancy or chic -- just something to allow me use my iPod on the road. Thanks for any tips! :)

2. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

I bought this strange looking thing from ebay because I needed the following rolled into one:
    [​IMG]
    FM transmitter
    Charger for the iPod
    Hands-free kit.

I dare say you'll find a similar device wherever you are located.

My only problem with it is that the FM band 88-92 MHz happens to be the same as BBC Radio 2 so on long journeys I keep having to switch frequency due to interference. Also, you have to check the location of your cigarette lighter otherwise it might clash, however I've got an extension onto mine since I also have to run a sat nav.... and a fridge!

3. 8thMan thread starter macrumors regular

8thMan

I really need something with good range. I read that the Podfreq is the best but there none available for the 2g Nano (@#%&!). Ideas? :confused: