FM Transmitters - Car

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bad1550, Aug 13, 2007.

1. bad1550 macrumors regular

Can anyone confirm which FM Transmitter works in the car for the iPhone.

Thanks,

Bob

2. bad1550 thread starter macrumors regular

Bump!

3. bad1550 thread starter macrumors regular

Can that be purchased at a local retailer?

Thanks

4. carman63 macrumors regular

I got mine at Best Buy. This was last year, but they might still carry it or similar models.

5. bad1550 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

6. bad1550 thread starter macrumors regular

I picked up the DLO TransDock micro and it works great - no static.

Unfortunately it broke when I pulled it out of cigarette lighter. Its not made very well.

7. carman63 macrumors regular

Mine broke when I left it on the back seat of my car, and took the car to get it washed.

Idiot cleaning out the car must have put his entire body weight on it and broke the housing :mad: It still works, just looks nasty.

8. blybug macrumors 6502a

blybug

The unobtrusive DLO Tunestik works nicely, and comes with a little remote that attaches to your steering wheel. Also nice because the Tunestik includes a "pass-through" dock connector so you can still connect a cigarettte-lighter charger to it as well. I bought it for the remote...I found the lack of real buttons on the iPhone made it more difficult (and dangerous) than using an iPod in the car.

I actually have a direct line in to my car's head unit that plays the iPhone via my car's CD inputs, but I have tested out the Tunestik's FM capabilities. It works fine for me over the usual 88.5, but the line-in sounds better and also lets me use the iPhone hands-free when I get a call. The Tunestik interface that lets you change the radio station does not work on the iPhone screen. You might have to hook up an iPod to change the radio station if the default 88.5 doesn't work well, then switch back to the iPhone. All the other buttons on the remote work as expected, I wish I would have had this for all the years I drove around with iPods, but I think it's a must for the iPhone.