Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrhaas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
Midwest USA
I recently bought a new vehicle that does not have the jack for my iPod therefore I have purchased an FM transmitter the Belkin TuneBase II FM Transmitter~ the tuning is fine however the volume cannot reach capacity that obviously the radio/cd player can reach.

I have iPod Nano 5th Gen, iPod Touch 3rd Gen & iPhone 3G OS & all are the same for volume capacity.

Wondering what the concensus is on FM Transmitters

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
Replace the head unit with one that does have AUX-IN. Seriously. You can find some in the $100-150 range that will work just fine. You'll be much better off in the end. FM transmitter is just a poor solution in comparison.

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
FM transmitters suck and are dangerous. That "unused" station will come into play over and over if you drive any distance. For some reason wingnut religious stations would keep coming up on my system.

So, you have to keep playing with the radio, trying to find a clear station. Very dangerous and annoying. And the sound is fair at best.

Check out Crutchfield so that you have an overview of different solutions. They also have good technical support. And you can check with local stereo shops. They deal with this every day.

You will be soooo much happier, I guaranteeeee it.

Oh, and check with your Honda dealer. Most car companies offer optional iPod hook-ups of various sorts. Many operate through the steering wheel controls and are very nice. Also, since your truck is new, there wouldn't be warranty issues, although I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.