fm transmitters

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tyranical, Jun 25, 2009.

1. tyranical macrumors regular

anyone got one in their car to play their iphone through the radio? What are they like (wireless ones im talking about here.)

2. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

I have the Griffin Road Trip with Smart Scan...works great with my older 2G and my new 3GS...i like the base quite a bit and it charges the phone...some of the reviews on Amazon are poor due to it's performance on congested FM areas like those in larger cities.

Cheers.

-J.-

3. nathan1281 macrumors member

Griffin Auto Pilot This one!

It works excellent once you open up the other frequencies like 87.9

Works with any ipod that I have. Also works for My Iphone 3g

4. tanster macrumors regular

tanster

theITGuy, does it work with a 3GS in a case? Thanks! :)

5. NSK123 macrumors regular

NSK123

6. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

Hard to say...it comes with plastic "tips" that fit a few different types of pods and iphone and 3G/S...maybe with one of the fatter tips...but I doubt it.

Cheers.

-J.-

7. tanster macrumors regular

tanster

That's what I was afraid you'd say. Thank you, though! (Maybe I need a slider case after all...)

8. Bodah macrumors regular

9. emoo69 macrumors newbie

Is it good? I just order 2 one for me and one for my friend bc it so darn cheap compared to the other ones.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

i Have one of those

sitting in the back of the car just taking up space at the moment. Mine wouldn't charge a 3g never tried it on my 3GS it lost the stations allot but was decent when it was working hoping the Motorola bluetooth to fm I ordered works better we will see. honestly hope yours is better then mine. :rolleyes:

11. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I picked up the Griffin iTrip AutoPilot on saturday. I had an older belkin (hated it).

The Griffin iTrip AutoPilot works flawlessly with the 3G S, the play/pause , skip fwd and back all work.

One minor annoyance. Every time you start the car, it scans for an open frequency and doesn't hold on to the frequency you used last (you have to go into presets and manually put it on your favourite channel).

12. Bodah macrumors regular

Mine worked great. The only problem that I have with it is that the LCD that lets you chose the station went out. Granted I did leave it in the car on a very hot day. I've broke many LCDs that way.

It has never had a problem charging my 3G I can't speak for a 3GS.

13. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I'd ordered the deal extreme one a few months back. I received a defective unit.

Their customer services is bar-none, the worst ever. It took me multiple contacts to even get an return authorization #. Now I'm fighting to get the credit given to me. They're claiming to not have received it. I would avoid them on anything not 1 or 2 bucks.

The Satechi device mentioned above ROCKS. And, their support has been fantastic!. That's the route I'd go.