Focus Area of iOS8?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by astoria0128, Sep 17, 2014.

1. astoria0128 macrumors newbie

When Apple first took the wraps off iOS 8, there was nary a mention on what new OS would bring. Can anyone give me the information about focus area of iOS8?

2. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Take a look at their website and also the Keynote earlier in the year. Should tell you most of what you need to know

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

There was a lot of new, and they showed much of it in the june keynote... Go watch it at apple.com events

4. AlexSykes macrumors member

I think the area Apple focused on the most with iOS 8 was continuity with other iOS devices and OS X and the developer APIs. Continuity will be great if you have another iDevice or a Mac. Although from a non-developer point of view I can see why people might feel somewhat disappointed.

As a developer the amount of new APIs now available means we can add features to apps we haven't been able to before, the new Swift language is also a lot nicer to use IMO, so from a developer point of view its a huge step in the right direction, and for the consumer I think you'll start to see a lot of new possibilities when developers update their apps to take advantage of iOS 8.