Focus problems FCE4

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by dougquaid, Aug 20, 2009.

1. dougquaid macrumors newbie

This is a long shot!

Basically I have just wrapped filming a 6 part tv series for internet cast and along the way I have had some very major problems with the 2nd camera operator (a media degree student) who appears to have no idea what focus or composition is, I have found alot of his shots to be out of focus and therefore unusable or for which part they have to be used if the other camera is re-positioning - quite unprofessional!

Without boring of the details, is there any way of re-focusing these shots to any degree, i mean they are not massively out, but compared to my other camera they are indeed very noticeable, I fear there isn't much I can do with these in post but some degree of help would be much appreciated!

we have posted the first episode on www.ourhouse-manchester.co.uk
    in the internal interviews or acoustic lounge you can definitely see the comparisons of what I mean, although we use very few shots of the other camera as possible!
    :(

2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Basically your SOL, I haven't heard of any way to fix focus in FCP. Thats why getting a good cameraman is so important.

Sorry:(

3. Macinposh macrumors 6502a

Heh...I thought the op was taking a piss...

Best ever :
    :D

4. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement