Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 working?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by UserB89, Jul 15, 2015.

1. UserB89 macrumors newbie

Last time I upgraded to Yosemite my Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 stopped working. Can anyone confirm it's working with El Capitan? I know I should probably wait for the official release but since I upgraded to Yosemite my 15 inch retina macbook has been so damn slow and full of bugs altogether so I really want to move on to El Capitan as soon as possible.

Thanks.

2. rojh macrumors newbie

rojh

Any focusrite and novation softwares are working.

3. UserB89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but do you mean software as in hardware drivers?

4. Woochoo macrumors 6502

Don't update until they release adequate drivers for El Capitan, if you are using it for live performances or for important stuff. For example, I own a Roland Octa Capture and they (Roland) release the new drivers the same week a new Mac OS is released (at least that happened with Mavericks & Yosemite). It's probable Focusrite will do the same, but I doubt they do it before the final release of El Capitan.

5. rojh macrumors newbie

rojh

Yes, the saffire mix control and drivers are working fine with my focurites and novation. 100% just recorded and mixed 3 songs last week. Thru cubase 8 and Logic X. :) dont compare roland services, I think their service sucks. Lol :p and all with OSX El Capitan.

6. UserB89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I guess you are right. That's what I experienced last summer. A month of mixing with my headphones lol.

Though this makes it very tempting. :p