Fogging up of iPhone 4 Front GlasS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TarHeelBorn88, Jul 28, 2010.

1. TarHeelBorn88 macrumors regular

I live in a very humid part of the country, South Florida, and have been experiencing the fogging up of my front LCD screen when I walk outside of my house, does anyone else experience this?

At first, I was stifled because it first happened when I walked outside of the gym after working out, so I thought it was possibly the perspiration building and collecting from my hands onto the screen, but then it happened again

2. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

Yep. I'm in Tallahassee and this happens to my iPod touch. I actually think it's the humidity that messed it up because both the volume buttons and the sleep/wake buttons no longer work.

3. calvy macrumors 65816

I was just visiting South Padre Island, TX and experienced the same thing. Everytime i walked outside the condo or got outside of an air conditioned car, my sunglasses and my iPhone would fog up. A quick wipe with my tshirt would solve both. And I don't think the fog was on the inside of the glass, so I'm not worried about moisture building up inside.

I am, however, glad I don't live in such a humid place. Even St Louis isn't that bad :)

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

It's just fogging up the outside, right? If so, yeah, that's humidity (or rather the sudden onslaught of humidity after walking outside from an air conditioned building.) I haven't noticed it on my phone yet (because it's usually in my purse when I'm outside) but I've resigned myself to not being able to wear my sunglasses at all when walking toward a store after a lengthy drive because they're instantly fogged up and totally opaque.