Fold to Unlock - how do I delete the text?

Lycanthroat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
UK
I downloaded the tweak Unfold and think it's beautiful - unfortunately, I'm being driven insane by the text! I just can't find any way to delete it!

I've turned off Springtomize, so it won't interact with the LS.
I've tried looking in the files Unlock actually installs and can't find the text "fold to unlock" in any of the strings files.

I've edited the springboard.springs file in System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app to this -

"AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = " ";
"AWAY_LOCK_LABEL_SHORT" = " ";
"AWAY_LOCK_LABEL_FORMAT" = " ";

I have also made a custom theme for this to use with WinterBoard using the Bundle method and I just can't get the damn thing to work. What did people here do to get the text to disappear?

MarkLal

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
searching for the same answer...

ifile so far has yielded nothing positive

Comment

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Easy...install Invisible Slider free from Cydia.

Leaves a nice white Arrow to balance out the Camera Icon and NO TEXT or SHADOWS!!!

Good luck and enjoy:)

Comment

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011

Leaves a nice white Arrow to balance out the Camera Icon and NO TEXT or SHADOWS!!!

Springtomize 2 also has a feature to hide the lock slider and/or remove the text on the lock slider bar.

Comment

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I downloaded the tweak Unfold and think it's beautiful - unfortunately, I'm being driven insane by the text! I just can't find any way to delete it!

I've turned off Springtomize, so it won't interact with the LS.
I've tried looking in the files Unlock actually installs and can't find the text "fold to unlock" in any of the strings files.

I've edited the springboard.springs file in System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app to this -

"AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = " ";
"AWAY_LOCK_LABEL_SHORT" = " ";
"AWAY_LOCK_LABEL_FORMAT" = " ";

I have also made a custom theme for this to use with WinterBoard using the Bundle method and I just can't get the damn thing to work. What did people here do to get the text to disappear?
Not sure if you got this working, but you need to remove the space between the " ", make sure its just ""

Comment

MarkLal

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011

Thanks a lot...

That did the trick for me...only the arrow is visible with no text and no shadows...perfect setting for me with LS PolarClock tweak

Also as a side note, the updated version of Unfold seems to have fixed the Alarm issue.

Comment

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks a lot...

That did the trick for me...only the arrow is visible with no text and no shadows...perfect setting for me with LS PolarClock tweak

Also as a side note, the updated version of Unfold seems to have fixed the Alarm issue.
Great, if you decide to remove the arrow, this is my theme to remove it, just put it in theme>Bundles>:

Attachments

Comment

MarkLal

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
Great, if you decide to remove the arrow, this is my theme to remove it, just put it in theme>Bundles>:
Actually, without the arrow would be better. A cleaner look.
Where do I replace the .png file? I have C'UPS theme and a LS PolarClock tweak for my LS.

Thanks.

Comment

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Actually, without the arrow would be better. A cleaner look.
Where do I replace the .png file? I have C'UPS theme and a LS PolarClock tweak for my LS.

Thanks.
Themes.xxx>"Your theme">Bundles>de.maxner.unfold>

Comment

Lycanthroat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
UK
bumping is a no no on MR check the rules! ;) have you though about contacting the Dev.
Crap! Sorry mods, went into GameFAQs-mode there :rolleyes:

I'll give these a try and report back, cheers.

EDIT: Ah-ha! I found out what it was - it was a clash of tweaks. I tried out Invisible Slider (didn't work) and despaired. I had already turned off UnlockFX and SilderWidth, so they shouldn't have been affecting Unfold...but they were! I deleted them off the iPhone and BEHOLD I now have no text!

I'm not sure why they were interfering with Unfold (I *did* have them turned off), but there you go. Thank you for your help, everyone :3

Last edited:
Comment

iphoria

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2012
I asked the dev but haven't received any reply whatsoever. This thread I think will help me out with what I need to do but I still want to know where in the file system Unfold resides?

Thanks, :D

Comment

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
WhenI install unfold on my 4S 5.1.1 it crashes my springboard repeatably--happens to my friends 4S too? Anyone having those issues?

remove it and phone runs perfect

Comment

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I've downloaded invisible slider and it has not worked to remove the "fold to unlock" banner !

Help
By banner you mean the text? Or what? If its the text add this theme.

WhenI install unfold on my 4S 5.1.1 it crashes my springboard repeatably--happens to my friends 4S too? Anyone having those issues?

remove it and phone runs perfect
The latest version seems much more stable. Are you up to date?

Attachments

Comment