Folder Actions Stopping

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by emills, Jun 29, 2010.

1. emills macrumors newbie

Hello,

We just updated to Leopard 10.5.8 from 10.4.11 at my office and now I am having problems with my Folder Actions. They continue to stop mid-process, or after processing a certain number of files. Generally, after processing 3 files the folder actions will just stop. Sometimes I can drag & drop one at a time and all will process. If I move all the files out of the folder than back in they will process 3 more (or so) than stop.

The Folder Actions (and their variants) take InDesign CS4 files and export them to a specified location as PDFs than either trash or keep the originals. I have no problems with this script on 10.4.11.

Even if I use a simple move-to-trash or a preset folder action from Apple the script stops after processing 3 or so files.

Also noteworthy, if I have the script open when I test a file and there is a stop, when I tell the script to compile and/or save is says "This document file has been changed by another application since you opened or saved it. Changes by other applications will be lost if you save. Save anyway?"

I can post the code if necessary, but I have seen the script process successfully on 10.5.8; it just stops from time to time.

2. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

3. emills thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm still fairly new to AppleScript and are pretty much self-training on a need-to-know basis. From what I've found, XCode is probably my best option for getting a debugger to log my values, unless someone has another free option. Is this the best way to log my values? Or is there a command I can add to Script Editor? Thanks.