Folder Covers

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by McDan1el, Oct 19, 2010.

1. McDan1el macrumors newbie

Hey All,

Is there a way you can add a "cover" to a folder, so instead of a preview of the apps icons it has its own icon so maybe "Apps"

Hope that makes sense...

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I believe Categories will allow you to do this. You can make/use a game icon for your game folder and such. Don't use it personally but I'm pretty sure you can get what you need out of Categories.

3. McDan1el thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah cool - having a quick read it looks like it was pre iOS 4 answer to folders... I have Ehanced Folders installed, would this work in tandem with Categories then?

4. rmul86 macrumors 6502

that's a good question, i'm wondering the same thing. i might try it out see what happens.

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Enhanced Folders or Folder Enhancer?

Either way, I believe there is some issue with these two playing nice together since they both do pretty much the same thing with Categories. I think there was a thread awhile back discussing this and most people were left with picking one or the other.

6. McDan1el thread starter macrumors newbie

7. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Probably not how you might want.

Categories creates faux folders. They are really applications that, when launched, act like a folder. You have to use the Categories app to manage what is in each folder. Categories is not very good unless you add CategoriesSB.

At this point I would forgo Categories and CategoriesSB and wait for another solution to come along.

S-

8. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Can't remember honestly. When FolderEnhancer came out, most people either had to pick one or the other. And it was because of the fact that you could use folder icons in Categories which led some people to stick with Categories and not get FE. FE is very good IMO however the folder icon bit seems to have been a big sticking point for some people. Hopefully, someone with a little more knowledge will chime in here.

9. McDan1el thread starter macrumors newbie

Fair Do's guys - FolderEhancer is awesome and works great so don't really want to get rid of it, hopefully another work around will happen - just think itll suit my setup more!

[​IMG]

As would getting rid of the white box around the weather widget!