Folder Icon

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bossmanjunior, Feb 29, 2012.

1. bossmanjunior macrumors member

bossmanjunior

I recently upgraded my optibay to HDD and moved my downloads folder to it. I want my downloads folder icon to appear like the old one but whenever i drag an icon (.icns or .tiff or .png) it just makes the download folder icon appear as the default icon for those files.

Attached Files:

2. bossmanjunior thread starter macrumors member

bossmanjunior

3. simsaladimbamba

I understand. But what about the first steps in that guide, which show you how to accomplish, what you want? Or is the title of that guide confusing?

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Open the image you want to use in Preview. Press Command+A to select all then Command+C to copy.

Right-click the drive's icon and Get Info. Highlight it's icon in the top left and hit Command+V.

5. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

What you CAN do (and I've done it a million and one times) is download an icon converter like THIS, make your .icns file, go to an app, show package contents, copy it's icon to your desktop, rename yours exactly the same, put it in the resources folder, close the window, go back to the app, get info, click the icon in the top left once, hold down command C, and paste it to your folder the same way (Command V). Then put the app's icon back.

It SEEMS like a lot of work, but it works ;)

6. bossmanjunior thread starter macrumors member

bossmanjunior

thanks ill try that, i haven't gotten anything to work so far and i had just given up. ill take another crack at it