Folder icons in stacks

Discussion in 'macOS' started by basesloaded190, Feb 11, 2008.

1. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

can someone please give me a definitive way that i can display the folder icon in stacks instead of the things that are in the folder. i have tried a few ways, but none of them seem to do what i want them to. any suggestions or tips would be helpful, ive tried searching for this, but i can't find what im looking for

2. Ilomoga macrumors member

Just wait another couple of days when OS X 10.5.2 is released because then this option is integrated into the system.

3. basesloaded190 thread starter macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i sure hope it does. i love stacks, but hate the way it looks. i have cool folder icons, but what's the point if you can't take advantage of this.

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Yah 10.5.2 will be out soon and that will eliminate the work around some of us have done.

What I did was follow a tutorial someone posted here which basically had a 'transparent' drawer looking icon/png and it's placed in whatever stack folder you have. It would have to be named something that would be first when sorted alphabetically. Yah, certain constraints make this method a little troublesome and not effecient.

For instance, I have my "downloads" icon named "_Downloads" and it shows up in my stack icon 99.999% of the time.

I can't wait for the new dock functionality so I can remove all these work arounds.

5. philgilder macrumors 68000