Folder Icons on 2nd Internal HD

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by scouser75, Oct 1, 2009.

1. scouser75 macrumors 6502a

Hey Guys,

I posted this elsewhere but got no help so am hoping one of you guys will :)

I need some help in the following please.

I am using Snow Leopard, which is installed on my Boot Disk.

I also have a 2nd internal HD, which will be my Media Disk.

What I want to do is have 4 folders on my Media Disk – 1 for Movies, 1 for Pictures, 1 for Music and 1 for Documents.

I know how to create these. BUT is there anyway I can have Icons for these folders the same as the Icons for these Folders on the Boot Disk? You know the ones I mean? The 2 sheets of paper for Documents, Film for Movies etc?

Also, a quick question about Stacks. Is it possible to run Stacks from my Media Disk?

I really don’t want to have any media files on my Boot Disk as it will slow things down.

Thanks

2. TheNightPhoenix macrumors 6502

Right click the folder with the icon you want, and select get info.
    Click on the icon in the top left and copy to the clipboard.
    Repeat this for the folder you want to have the icon but paste it there instead.

Yes stacks can be used from the eternal drive. Just drag a folder to the dock.

p.s. Unless you really fill the boot disk up, I doubt it'll slow things noticeably.

3. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks dude. I've got the Icons. They don't look as good as the ones on the Boot Drive but they'll do.

One major problem though. I have a separate account for my wife as we like to keep our work totally in different places. When stored on the Boot Drive this works fine.

But when stored on the 2nd HD we both have access to each others files. Is there a way to prevent this? So when I log on my account I have access to only my files. And when wifey logs onto her account she has access to only her files.

4. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone please? Or is this not possible?