Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SRQrws

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2020
Yesterday (May 23) afternoon, I noticed a folder named com.apple.app-analytics.production.upload-dropbox in my Documents. It contained dozens of subfolders, apparently with no content. It synced across all my devices (Mac and iOS) via iCloud. I deleted it, but it returns after a few hours and has done this several times. I do NOT use Dropbox and don't have it installed on any of my devices. Any ideas what it is and/or how to permanently get rid of it? Thank you.

SRQrws

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2020
As a follow up, after some research it appears this is not a Dropbox problem, it's a Mac (or iOS) problem possibly related to either the weather widget or ipad analytics (I've seen posts on both). But no one seems to know how to make it stop. I am getting dozens of empty folders being generated about every 10 minutes. Very annoying.

SRQrws

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2020
The issue has stopped for me. I deleted the folders from every device multiple times and nothing new for over 24 hours. No idea what the problem was....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.