Folder settings in Leopard???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iphoneGuy, Oct 27, 2007.

1. iphoneGuy macrumors member

[[NSLocation alloc] initWithCity: Chicago]
    It seems that you can no longer specify the format (views and such) on a folder by folder basis. I have some folders that I want to always open in a list view and some that I want in icon view. You could set this before Leopard. Not it seems that you can not. If I have my HD open in list, then all subfolders will open in list view. Anyone else see this? Or am I on crack?

2. jrjdotmac macrumors newbie

You are definitely not smoking the crack pipe on this one, I have the same issue. I guess its not a bug, but the only way I can find to make folder settings, (List/Icon) view for example, independent of other folders is to go to the Finder "Show View Options" choice for the folder you want to customize and select the check box at the top of the window that comes up and select either "Always Open In List View" or "Always Open In Icon View". This is frigged up and way way too much work for a setting that should stick upon modification.

3. Brendon Bauer macrumors 6502

Isn't this exactly what the OP is talking about? He can set up how certain folders are automatically viewed. Seems perfectly fine to me...

4. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I think under tiger the finder did this automatically?
    like he remembered which view setting you used in different folders. if this isn't the case in leopard I understand his surprise.

5. Brendon Bauer macrumors 6502

That is true. Tiger remembered what you did and didn't require you to set up each folder in the preferences pane... In Leopard this is ok if you only are picky about a few folders, but not if you have many different views you want. Kind of a pain in the butt... Hopefully they fix this eventually.