Folder to put APPS in?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by greens4245, Dec 10, 2007.

1. greens4245 macrumors member

This website http://www.jonsthoughtsoneverything.com/iphone_apper/#install_notes

has some cool looking apps. I know how to link my ipod to my computer through Winscp but here is the problem. Where do I unzip these files on my ipod? What folder do I leave these in so they will work? I know how to download using installer on my touch, is there anyway to install these programs without using the computer? Using Installer? Thanks.

2. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

Ok, this is pretty complicated so be ready. They go in the Applications folder. Yes I know, why would they name it Applications? I have no idea, but just follow my directions and you should be okay.

3. greens4245 thread starter macrumors member

NOt working

HAHA thanks smart guy. But that doesn't work. Non of the applications work at all. They just freeze up. Nothing comes up.

4. aki macrumors 6502a

Ok re installer - what apps show up in the Installer list depends on what sources you have added. If the apps you are after are on a source that you have added to Installer, then yes, you will be able to install them without a computer. If the word "sources" means nothing to you, search the forums for installer sources or something.

As for why your manually installed apps don't work - it's hard to say. Did you unzip them first? You are sure they are in the right folder? Did you check to make sure permissions are set to 755? Make sure you are using an ftp app that does SFTP (Cyberduck if you are on OSX). Are you sure the apps work/work with the touch/work with your version number (1.1.1 or 1.1.2)? Have you managed to install any apps manually, say from another site?

5. bdsmyth macrumors regular

These "apps" seem to be links to websites rather than applications so if you are trying to run them without being connected to the web then nothing will happen. Also, there's a way on the forum that allows you to setup up this kind of "apps" yourself. Do a search for FACEBOOK and you should find it. I have my own facebook icon on my Touch already.

Personally of course, I HATE web apps, but that's just me.