Folder went missing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by netnothing, Nov 22, 2010.

1. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Running 10.6.5...Mac Pro.

Today I lost a folder I was working in.....no idea where it went. Local folder, on 2nd hard drive in Mac Pro. Couldn't find it anywhere after I seemingly lost it....did a search for the folder and for files in it.....couldn't find anything anywhere on my Mac. I had been working in the folder all day saving images from Photoshop to it and uploading from it via FTP.

Trash had stuff in it, but not this folder or the files in it. Trash had files from earlier in the day, so I know Trash wasn't emptied.

Folder was in Time Machine....thankfully.

As far as I'm aware, there's no way from within Finder to delete a folder and have it bypass the Trash correct?

Verified disk.....came up ok.

Any thoughts?

-Kevin

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Not correct. I've seen many threads complaining that things just get deleted and never go into the Trash. Of course, that would happen with everything you delete. The solution to this problem is not coming to mind. . .

3. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Yeah, that's not happening here. Trash seems to be working fine. I'm able to delete anything and it goes into the Trash. Emptying the trash is working fine as well.

Weird....I'm puzzled.

-Kevin

4. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

That IS weird. Reminds me of when my camera was deleting pics without me touching them. It was the memory card not saving correctly. Might be the HDD then.

This reminds me, I need to buy an external HDD on black friday.