? Folder

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AverisDaddy, Sep 8, 2012.

1. AverisDaddy macrumors newbie

Ok so I'm about to sell my 2012 13" MBP so I can't get the rMBP, but I'm new to Mac and obviously screwed up big time. I went into Disk Utility & selected the erase option which I believe also says it reinstalls the OS. It took about 10 or 15 seconds then a pop up appeared and asked if I wanted to go back into Disk Utility or restart. Everything looked fine so I selected restart. Now when I turn on the MBP it has the folder with a question mark in it. I can't get them computer to do anything. There is no actual disk that came with the computer. How do I get this MBP back up and running? Thanks in advance.

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

You need to reinstall the operating system. Do you have the disc that came with your Mac? Insert it into the optical drive, turn on the computer and hold down the "C" key while it's booting up.

3. AverisDaddy thread starter macrumors newbie

2012 Mac's don't come with disks. I'm using the internet recovery. Hopefully this fixes it. Thanks.

4. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I wasn't aware of that, sorry. I figured that since your model had an optical drive that it would come with a model specific disk for reinstalling the OS.

In any case, reinstall the OS as you have gone ahead to do it seems.

5. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Apple stopped supplying restore CDs since Lion release last summer.

6. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

That makes sense, because the only time that I purchased a Mac was before then and I'm still running SL.

Thanks for the information.

7. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Just wanted to mention....nice job with the posts. You got a running average of nearly 25 a day. :eek:

8. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Oh why thank you.

I try to help out as much as I can or at least offer extra confirmation to posts, I really enjoy this stuff. :)