Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmister

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
It's updated and out...but bad news—it still doesn't work past 7.0.4, as it relies on IconSupport, which hasn't been updated.

I

iBar

Try this to get anything using IconSupport to work. Been using it on 7.1b2 just fine.

Hey guys, I have an iPhone 5S running the latest beta and normally when I had installed a tweak to change the grid size layout, it won't work due to iconsupport being incompatible with b1, b2, and b3.

At that point I tried contacting all three developers that made the tweak and they said that they won't update it for the beta, because its a beta. Which is understandable and I respect their decision.

Since this was a major downfall for me I went under a little investigation which resolved in me discovering a method that works!

1. I installed both iconsupport and Iconoclasm (paid for)
2. Then went into iCleaner Pro, press the "+" key on the bottom left, then pressed on "MobileSubstrate Addons" and scrolled down till I reached "IconSupport".
3. I then hit the toggle to disable it, needing a respiring to take effect, then after that it works flawlessly!

I tried couple different layouts and all of them work fine. Tested with two iPhone 5S' running 7.1b3.

**I tried using this method with HomescreenDesigner (paid for) and it still doesn't work at all. It just gives you four icons on the top row per page and no changes will take effect.

So far my phones been running normal with it disabled for acouple of hours now.

Thought I would share it with you guys, I hope this helps you guys out!

Edit: I just tried rebooting my phone and the layout has stayed the same.

faizoff

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I wished I had bought this instead of infinifolders. I mainly wanted 4 x 4 layout or more. I don't really use more than 10-12 apps in a folder so having an infinite amount isnt what I really needed. So the unique feature that infinifolder does for me is vertical scrolling in a folder.

I really should've read more about it before assuming its functionality. I might get folderenhancer regardless.

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
I wished I had bought this instead of infinifolders. I mainly wanted 4 x 4 layout or more. I don't really use more than 10-12 apps in a folder so having an infinite amount isnt what I really needed. So the unique feature that infinifolder does for me is vertical scrolling in a folder.

I really should've read more about it before assuming its functionality. I might get folderenhancer regardless.

It says they work together. I think I'm going to add infinifolders and out everything in one folder.

loyalist

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
I bought FolderEnhancer previously but it's not needed if you bought Springtomize 3 because it has the same features. Just a FYI if you bought Springtomize 3 already.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Folder icons looks weird now with 4x4 thumbnails. Too stretched... too tight... I don't know. It just feels a little weird.

Would be awesome if Folder Enhancer included the option to add custom icons to folders.

ilovewasabi

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2013
I bought FolderEnhancer previously but it's not needed if you bought Springtomize 3 because it has the same features. Just a FYI if you bought Springtomize 3 already.

Does springtomize have an option to auto close folder upon opening app?

alkalifly

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
Does springtomize have an option to auto close folder upon opening app?

No, as of the current version, Springtomize 3 does not have an option to auto close folders upon opening. Hopefully this will be added in a future update, but for now, FolderEnhacer is the only option

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.