Folders are working haphazardly in iOS 4?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crackbookpro, Jul 28, 2010.

1. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

I will create folders. Then add apps into the folders on my iPod Touch or create folders via my Mac synced to my Touch... No matter what, they don't stay...

The folders never stay saved. Wasted so much time as I've done this a bunch of times now. I'm done making folders for now!!!:mad:

Anyone experience this & fix it?

2. zavannah macrumors newbie

You don't CREATE folders. You make the apps shake...you know? And the you place your finger on an app you want to put in a folder. Drag that app over an other app you want to be in the same folder and VOILA! You can put 12 apps in each folder.
    Don't do it on your pc but directly on your ipod. Easier that way

3. crackbookpro thread starter macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Did you even read the post zavannah? I'm not worried on how you create them...

I've done it both ways on my Mac or on my Touch. I am not questiong how you make/create folders... :confused: Yes, I create folders by joining two apps together, or can create them through my Mac doing the same thing through the iTunes interface, etc, etc... that's not my problem at all.

My problem is that the folders don't stay saved on my Touch... It works sometimes, and then an hour or day later, it will not... Organizing my folders is getting to be a waste of time... I am wondering if someone else has the same issue with a 3rd Gen iPod Touch that has downloaded the new iOS 4.

4. v2allen macrumors regular

v2allen

Make 'em Shake

You have to hold your finger on an app and then move it on top of another one and you will make your folder with apps in it.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

5. crackbookpro thread starter macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Did that. Must not be explaining my circumstance correctly. :eek:

6. v2allen macrumors regular

v2allen

What happens after you make the apps shake? what do you do?