Folders do not sync on itunes..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Marz-Zone, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Marz-Zone macrumors newbie

Marz-Zone

Ok now , whether I build my folders via my 3gs 4.1 or I build my folders via itunes 10 , after I sync the folders dissappear and my icons are displaced on various pages of my springboard . I've tried the backup 2x - do'nt snyc after first restore run backup retore again then sync and it didnt work for me.I have a 3gs on 4.1 with a LIMERA1N JB .I did notice that when I was having other issues and needed to do a reset of all settings when I returned to the springboard it asked if I wanted to fix my missing icon issue and of course I said yes and when it finished its cycle a couple folders I had previously made where there but the rest of the icons were scattered about unmanaged and not in folders.I have no idea what program initiated that command although im glad it did because those folders the program brought back and the utilities folder are the only ones that remain after a sync with itunes 10 .How can I keep my folders after a sync ?Also I use folder enhance and I thought maybe that program initiated the icon recovery but when i checked the programs settings there were know options for icon recovery. Is anyone else having this issue as well ???????????? Someone has to know how to fix this.

2. Marz-Zone thread starter macrumors newbie

Marz-Zone

Re:

Is there anyone out there that can help me with this syncing issue?

3. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

4. Marz-Zone thread starter macrumors newbie

Marz-Zone

5. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

6. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

You say you are using Folder Enhancer, and that is your problem.
    You CANNOT use any program which modifies or changes the icon layout in Springboard from the standard and also use iTunes to manage the icons.
    You must give up using iTunes and only arrange icons on the phone from now on if you want to use Folder Enhancer. Just do not open up the "Apps" tab on your device in iTunes and you will be fine...

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can open the apps tab, you just can’t modify the layout. The only reason you’d open the apps tab, in this case, would be to choose what apps to sync.

8. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

If you have IconSupport installed, which FolderEnhancer requires, nothing you do in iTunes in regards to icon layout has any effect on your iPhone layout.

This is why I asked if the OP had IconSupport installed.

S-