Folders for Video's

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Piggie, May 11, 2011.

1. Piggie macrumors G3

Piggie

I may be missing something very basic here :)

I've never put many video's on my iPad due to file size, but I'm putting quite a few on now that are only a few MB each, so quite a lot of them will fit.

Obviously I would like to categorise them on the iPad, you know, Comedy, Animation, Scary, Holiday, Wedding. that kind of stuff.

I've moved them over to the video player in iTunes, under videos, and once imported they are just showing all on screen together.

How do I make folders/catagories for my video's in the official Apple Videos app? Obviously I don't want them mixed up. You would not want a holiday a wedding and a funeral all in the same place !!!

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You can't create folders with Videos App, but you can download an app like GoodReader and create folders there.

3. MozMan68 macrumors 68020

MozMan68

You can't do it from your iPad, but if you save videos to folders on your desktop, simply create the folders there and synch those into your iPad through itunes.

I use my iPhone for my photo taking and videos and it is easy to grab them off there and organize on my PC. I can then choose those folders as albums in iTunes to synch to my iPad.

Makes it easier to pick for slideshows or set albums (which are basically folders) so I can easily work with them in Keynote.

4. Kupp macrumors regular

If you load the videos into itunes it defaults to having them as movies

You can highlight the ones you want to change, select get info, change the file type to TV Show.

You can then enter meta data to organize them by TV show, or if you wanted make up groupings and organize them that way.

It is very similiar to how one would organize audio tracks to get them to show up with their proper album cover.

That said, after you do all this you will need to resync all the files onto your device which takes time, and any time you change the meta data on a file that one will have to be resynced.

After you have the files organized in the proper manner in itunes, click on your device and you select the shows and episodes (if that is the format you choose to use to organize) though the menu for your device in itunes, in the same manner as how you would select to sync podcasts

5. Zeos macrumors 6502

Off topic and I'll get flagged, but we have really got to get our punctuation right on this forum! It's not "Video's" (possessive), it's "Videos" (plural). :)

And while I'm at it, for all of the violating posts out there...

It's "You're" for "you are," not "Your." Like, "when you're ready to buy the iPad2."

Long day at work today...

6. Kupp macrumors regular

You must be working too hard. What did the grammar police put you on foot patrol?