Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mansanas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
anyone else hate this crap?! the iphone 4 looks nice and elegant and is definitely a step forward, but ios4's interface is a step backwards and made the iphone interface about 14 times more boring!

exhibit A
iphone4-folder-view-w-notif.png

step it up apple! im sure the can make a simple user friendly ui that is at the same time creative and not boring!

tzag

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
You do realize that folders are an OPTION right?
If you don't like how they look and are gonna complain, don't use them.

irich25

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
anyone else hate this crap?! the iphone 4 looks nice and elegant and is definitely a step forward, but ios4's interface is a step backwards and made the iphone interface about 14 times more boring!

exhibit A
iphone4-folder-view-w-notif.png

step it up apple! im sure the can make a simple user friendly ui that is at the same time creative and not boring!

winterboard?

grahamnp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2008
CategoriesSB for jailbroken phones is a much better implementation of folders. Cool wallpaper btw.

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
CategoriesSB for jailbroken phones is a much better implementation of folders. Cool wallpaper btw.
+1, I disliked the folders from the beginning, 12 icon limit is wack. The free version of categories sucks, but categoriesSB is worth it.

mansanas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
You do realize that folders are an OPTION right?
If you don't like how they look and are gonna complain, don't use them.

i do realize its an option, i dont even use it. my iphone is jailbroken and i use categories, which is way better. but supposedly the paid version is even better? hmmm?

anyways im complaining about apple's implentation of folders, they couldve easily included folder icons like like in categories but instead they decided that smaller icons within icons would look the best.. wtf?! it bugs the crap outta me when i think about how they came up with that! was this the "revolutionary new user interface" that was rumored before the iphone 4 came out??

mansanas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
btw thats not my wallpaper or my phone, i just googled that image.

p.s. theres a thread somewhere here titled "show ur creative ios 4 user interface" or something.. then all u see are cool wallpapers with a bunch of little icons within regular sized icons on their screens, i just kept shaking my head. oh thank GOD for jailbraking! i wouldve switched over to andro... nAHHHH!

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
So pages upon pages of apps is a better way to organize your iPhone? I love folders.

mansanas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
So pages upon pages of apps is a better way to organize your iPhone? I love folders.

i never said that, but they were supposed to make it better and by better i mean better functionality at the same time more creative.
they failed on the creative part.

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
But the real question is why you need a folder for 4 Twitter apps.

:p

Actually why does this person even need 4 twitter apps period.

These days people seem to whine about anything they can.
Take it back if it bugs you that much, move on.

Even better if you dont like the way Apple does things come up with something better yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.