Folders in the dock

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by binaryskies, Jul 18, 2013.

1. binaryskies macrumors regular

binaryskies

I never really felt the need to put a folder in the dock with iOS 6 because I had the 5 icon dock tweak which allowed me to put all the icons I use the most there (hint hint..Apple please do this..lol). Anyways, I was organizing icons and folders and decided to put folders on the dock (I'm sure this is possible with iOS 6, but it's new to me so I'm excited). I know this is a beta so it's not 100% smooth yet, but when I go to open a folder that I have on the dock, there's no smoothness or transition at all. The best way I can explain it is if you take two screenshots (one with a folder open and one with it closed) then switch back and forth between the two really fast, you'll see what I mean. My question is this, in iOS 6 was the open/closing of a folder on the dock choppy or was it smooth?

2. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

3. binaryskies thread starter macrumors regular

binaryskies

Okay, good. One more thing I have to look forward to when the GM is released. Thanks!!

4. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

It looks like Apple just forgot to have it trigger the folder-opening animation when the folder is in the dock. It's interesting to see just how fast opening a folder can be without the animation, but I prefer the animation. It takes less then a second, and I think the zoom-in, zoom-out effect is really cool.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

My iDevices are jailbroken, and I have a tweak called FolderEnhancer, which among other things lets you turn folder animation on or off. I have it set to off, and I find that I don't miss the open/close animation. The new iOS 7 animation is kind of cool, but it's not something that is absolutely necessary. For people new to touch screen OS, the feedback they get from the animation when they open/close folders may be useful, but under Apple's "people know how to use it so we no longer need training wheels" philosophy, you'd think folder animation would be one of those antiquated visual clues that are no longer needed.